Barrister & Solicitor of New Zealand High Court (2020).
LLB/BA Victoria University of Wellington (2020).
New Zealand Law Society
New Zealand Society of Construction Law
Wellington Women Lawyers’ Association
Keelin joined Hazelton Law as a law clerk in 2019 in her final year at Victoria University of Wellington and was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in September 2020. She has experience in a range of construction law matters and assists Rachel Conner on resource management law matters.
Previous work examples include:
- Advising residential and commercial contractors on a range of matters including dispute resolution of claims involving breach of contract and negligence.
- Numerous other claims relating to construction including payment disputes, delays, contract variations, workmanship issues and a diverse range of design and construction issues.
- Advising parties in relation to disputes arising from the Christchurch Rebuild.
- Advising parties in relation to leaky building proceedings in the High Court and the Weathertight Homes Tribunal.
- Acting for contractors in adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act.
- Advising incorporated societies on administrative and operational matters, including carrying out legal reviews of documents before publication.
- Contract negotiating, drafting and reviews for contractors
- Training webinars for building contractors across the country on issues relating to construction contracts and matters arising under the Building Act and Construction Contracts Act.
RECENT PAPERS AND SEMINARS
- Co-presented “How to get paid: avoiding and resolving payment dramas in construction contracts” – Interactive webinar for the Registered Master Builders Association, October 2020.
- Registered Master Builders Association Guidance Note on dealing with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic under the RBC1 Building Contract – March 2021.