Barrister & Solicitor of New Zealand High Court (2018).
LLB/BA Victoria University of Wellington (2018).
New Zealand Law Society
New Zealand Society of Construction Law
Wellington Women Lawyers’ Association
Sarah joined Hazelton Law in 2018 after graduating from Victoria University of Wellington. She has experience in the areas of construction law and insurance law. Sarah is currently engaged in several District and High Court construction and insurance disputes. She advises on breach of contract and negligence claims. Sarah also regularly assists Scott Galloway in his role as the Lloyd’s General Representative in New Zealand. Previous work examples include:
- Advising building owners and contractors on disputes relating to variations and workmanship issues.
- Advising parties in disputes arising from the Christchurch Rebuild.
- Advising parties in relation to leaky home proceedings in the High Court and Weathertight Homes Tribunal.
- Numerous other claims relating to construction involving a diverse range of design and construction issues.
- Contract drafting and reviews for contractors and subcontractors.
- Acting for contractors in adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act.
- Training seminars and webinars for building contractors throughout the country on issues relating to construction contracts and matters arising under the Building Act and Construction Contracts Act.
- Advising Lloyd’s market participants, both local and international, of New Zealand’s legislative and regulatory framework.
- Assisting New Zealand-based Lloyd’s coverholders with their implementation of legislation, regulations and guidelines.
- Working with New Zealand government entities on law reform relating to various insurance law issues.
RECENT PAPERS AND SEMINARS
- Product Warranties – clearing up their ‘aura and mystique’ – for Building Today June 2018.
- Reckless Trading – The Mainzeal Judgment – for the Registered Master Builders Association, March 2019.
- The Development of the Law on a Builder’s Duty of Care – First Place in the New Zealand Society of Construction Law 2019 Essay Competition for recent graduates.
- Submitting documentation – getting your docs in a row – Roof Link the Official Magazine of the Roofing Association of New Zealand, Spring 2020 issue.
- Privacy Act updates – Roof Link the Official Magazine of the Roofing Association of New Zealand, Summer 2020 issue.