Barrister & Solicitor of New Zealand High Court (2018).
LLB/BA Victoria University of Wellington (2018).
New Zealand Law Society
New Zealand Society of Construction Law
Sarah joined Hazelton Law in 2018 after graduating from Victoria University of Wellington. She has experience in the areas of construction law and insurance law. Sarah is currently engaged in several district and high court construction and insurance disputes. She advises on breach of contract and negligence claims. Sarah also regularly assists Scott Galloway in his role as the Lloyd’s General Representative in New Zealand.
Previous work examples include:
- Advising building owners and contractors on disputes relating to variations and workmanship issues.
- Advising parties in disputes arising from the Christchurch Rebuild.
- Advising parties in relation to leaky home proceedings in the High Court.
- Numerous other claims relating to construction involving a diverse range of design and construction issues.
- Contract drafting and review for contractors.
- Acting for contractors in adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act.
- Advising Lloyd’s market participants, both local and international, of New Zealand’s legislative and regulatory framework.
- Assisting New Zealand-based Lloyd’s coverholders with their implementation of the Insurance Council of New Zealand’s Fair Insurance Code and associated guidelines.
RECENT PAPERS AND SEMINARS
- “Product Warranties – clearing up their ‘aura and mystique’” – for Building Today June 2018.
- “Reckless Trading – The Mainzeal Judgment” – for the Registered Master Builders Association, March 2019.