Barrister & Solicitor of New Zealand High Court (2019).
LLB/BA Victoria University of Wellington (2019).
New Zealand Law Society
New Zealand Society of Construction Law
Tandia joined the team at Hazelton Law in 2020 after graduating from Victoria University of Wellington in 2019. She has experience in the area of construction law. Tandia is currently engaged in several construction disputes and is assisting senior lawyers on construction contract payment disputes, leaky building disputes in the High Court, and resource management matters for local councils.
Tandia is regularly involved with assisting Registered Master Builders with a range of contractual queries and disputes.
Previous work examples include:
- Advising contractors on payment claim disputes under the Construction Contracts Act.
- Advising parties in disputes on possible dispute resolution methods and their respective processes, including adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act.
- Reviewing construction contract clauses and advising on drafting amendments.
- Conducting research and preparation for hearing in relation to leaky home proceedings in the High Court.
- Other claims relating to construction involving a range of design and construction issues.